[Avc2020] New summer student research opportunities

Leigh Lamont llamont at upei.ca
Sun Dec 25 17:52:41 AST 2016

Dear DVM students,

I mistakenly sent one wrong attachment. You can disregard the July 2016
letter from Zoetis. Instead, use the two attached research proposal
descriptions. The actual application forms for VetSRA proposal submission
will appear on the website early in January. Zoetis applications should be
as described in the attached call for proposals.

If the topic is applicable, students are encouraged to apply for each of
VetSRA, Zoetis, and SJDAWC, but will only be eligible to receive one award.
For example, SJDAWC is only welfare but VetSRA is any research topic so
welfare topics may be applicable to both but non-welfare topics would only
be applicable to VetSRA. Similarly, Zoetis is only directed toward
companion animal medicine so VetSRA could also be applicable to companion
animal medicine but non-companion animal medicine proposals would only be
applicable to VetSRA.

Notifications will soon be coming out for another university based research
award called NSERC- Undergraduate Summer Research Award (USRA). Students
interested in applying for the NSERC-USRA  are encouraged to consult with
Leslie Cudmore (lcudmore at upei.ca) or the AVC GSR office about the
application process.

All the best for the New Year!

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca