[Avc2020] Fwd: Client Appreciation Evening

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Mon Nov 14 08:49:08 AST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anna MacDonald <amacdonald at upei.ca>
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM
Subject: Fwd: Client Appreciation Evening
To: "avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca" <avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Melita MacDougall <mmacdougall at upei.ca>
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM
Subject: Client Appreciation Evening

AVC Faculty, Staff and Students:

Thank you to all who participated in last evening’s client appreciation
event. The event was a resounding success! Our clients were particularly
enthusiastic about the wonderful “behind the scenes” tours of the
Veterinary Teaching Hospital provided by our students. Our students always
do us proud at events like this! I want to publicly thank Kathleen
Muckenhirn, Chris White, Annie Oakes, Dominique Comeau, Noelle Webb,
Mitchell Carr, Elizabeth Moses, Colleen Griffin, Emily Seidl, Samantha
Wong, Megan Kennedy, Jourdan McPhetridge and Ellen Boyd for their
contributions!

Last evening was jointly organized by the UPEI Department of Development
and Alumni Engagement and the AVC Dean’s Office, with support from Donna
Hassard, vice-chair of the Veterinary Medicine priority in the Inspire
Campaign, and the VTH. I want to particularly acknowledge the tremendous
work of Janice MacWilliam in my office on this project. I also want to
thank Heather Gunn McQuillan and Marven MacLean for their involvement in
the planning of this important event during a very busy time for the
hospital.

Two very special components of the evening were the presentation by the
Gallant children (Kirsten, Sophie and Lexi) of their donation to the
College—in lieu of birthday gifts this year, they collected over $300 for
AVC!—and the recognition of the long-standing commitment of Donna and
Richard Hassard to the College with the naming of the Donna and Richard
Hassard Student Lounge.

Thank you also to the many members of the AVC community who came out to
network with our clients. Clients are the backbone of our clinical teaching
program, and it is very fitting to acknowledge and celebrate their
contributions.

Greg

Greg Keefe, DVM MSc MBA
Dean
Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave
Charlottetown PE CANADA

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world.*

--
Anna MacDonald

External Relations Officer, Atlantic Veterinary College, UPEI, (902)
566-6786, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Fridays, 8:30
a.m.-noon

Communications Officer, UPEI Marketing and Communications, (902)
566-0949, Mondays
and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Fridays, 1-4:30 p.m.

avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca