[Avc2020] * Important* First Year Winter Elections

Society of Atlantic Veterinary Students savs at upei.ca
Fri Nov 18 14:22:57 AST 2016

Good Afternoon Class of 2020!

I wanted to touch base with you to explain how first year elections are
organized. As some of you may remember, first year is the only year that
class elections are held TWICE a year as opposed to once, excluding the
2020 SAVS representative, which is a full year position.

This is not a reflection on the excellent job your executive has done so
far – but gives everyone a chance to reconsider the level of his or her
involvement after having a better understanding of the course load and what
is expected of you academically.

I've attached a document outlining the responsibility of each position. *If
you have enjoyed your time on the class’ executive so far, or if you are
not involved in the executive but think you would like to be, I encourage
all of you to consider nominating yourself!* Being a member of your class
executive is a great experience and very rewarding. It's a unique
opportunity to serve your student body, showcase your leadership abilities,
and to learn from your peers.

And as always the upper year executives or the SAVS executive are happy to
answer any questions you have. You can contact SAVS at *savs at upei.ca
<savs at upei.ca>.* As the new executive needs in be established and any
proposed exam date changes submitted in early January we will be hosting
the election before the end of this semester.

Nominations will be *due November 25th at 5:00 pm. *I will be sending out
reminders closer to this date. Elections will take place between *November
29 - December 2nd*.

Winter elections run exactly as fall elections: everyone interested in
running for a position will send me a blurb about themselves and why they
are well suited for that position. I will compile them and voting will take
place via the student Campus Login. I will be dropping in to Lecture C at
12:20 on Monday, November 21st to answer any questions you have.

Cheers,

Genna

Genevieve Machum

Atlantic Veterinary College