[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin--October 14, 2016

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Oct 14 12:49:22 ADT 2016

*VHM 411 Seminar Series*

Wed., Oct 19, Lecture Theatre A,  8:30 a.m.

Krista Simonson: Albuterol toxicity in a mixed breed dog

Natasha Walzthoni: Bilateral patellar luxation in a kitten

Rachel Robinson: Foreign body induced septic tenosynovitis in a quarter
horse

Everyone is welcome.

-30-

*Cancer Society Relay For Life event at UPEI*

Plans are well under way for this year’s *Cancer Society Relay For Life*
 event at UPEI! Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive,
*FUN*draising
event that celebrates life, honours and remembers loved ones and unites us
in the fight against Cancer.

The Canadian Cancer Society Relay online system is now ready to take your
registration for this year’s event which will take place on the UPEI campus
at the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre on *Friday January 20, 2017* from 6 pm
to midnight. Please consider participating again by putting a team
together, or form an inaugural team to represent your society, department,
or group of friends.  *You can register your team now!*

go to: relayforlife.ca
enter: Charlottetown and follow the prompts.  It's that easy!

If you are interested in being a part of this event, please contact me (
lacroix at upei.ca) or Christian Gallant (gallant at pei.cancer.ca) for more
information.  We'll be happy to provide you with all the information you
require.

*Cancer has touched us all*. Let’s come together as a university community
to fundraise and help Islanders living with cancer. Join us on January
20, 2017,
at UPEI for six hours of entertainment and fun activities. Together, we
will celebrate with survivors, remember those we’ve lost, and fight back
with those still on their cancer journey!

Sincerely,
Christian Lacroix, on behalf of the UPEI Relay for Life Organizing Committee

-30-
--
Anna MacDonald
External Relations Officer