[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin--October 21, 2016

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Oct 21 12:28:29 ADT 2016

   - *VHM 411 Seminar Series--Oct. 26*
   - *International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association call for
   research proposals*
   -
*Thank you for supporting AVC's food drive! *

*VHM 411 Seminar Series*
*Wed., Oct 26, Lecture Theatre A, 8:30 a.m.*

Kelsey Harding: Corneal Foreign Body in a Dog

Jessica DiFillippo: Dilated Cardiomyopathy Secondary to Hypothyroidism
in a Golden
Retriever

Kile Townsend: Ivermectin Overdose in a Miniature Horse

Everyone is welcome!

-30-

*International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association call for research
proposals*

The International Sled Dog Veterinary Medical Association (ISDVMA) is
pleased to announce a call for 2016 research proposals from veterinary
students with an interest in research on the health and wellbeing of racing
sled dogs. See attached file for more information.

Deadline for submission is *November 1, 2016*. Notification of award will
be posted no later than December 15, 2016. Questions should be directed to:

ISDVMA at isdvma.org AND Randall.Basaraba at colostate.edu.

-30-

*Thank you for supporting AVC's food drive!*

I would like to extend my most gracious "thank you" for all your support in
our first of 2 AVC food drives. I am always humbled by the generosity of my
fellow colleagues, faculty, and staff.

To those who donated funds, you will be happy to know that we were able to
buy the more expensive, yet filling, items such as peanut butter and jams.
Our great generosity is only a small reflection of how big our hearts are!
So again thank you!!

We will be gearing up for our next food drive for Christmas. This is a
tough time for many of our students, so please help if you can.  And
remember, the class with the biggest donation will get an ICE CREAM
SOCIAL!  Again, if you would like to donate, please email me at
emoses at upei.ca, and we will arrange something.

Thanks again, everyone!

Liz Moses, AVC Class of 2017

Julie Sparks, AVC Class of 2019

With future welcome to Shanna-Lynn Neily, AVC Class of 2010

P.S.  A note from Sister Sue:

The reality of post-secondary education these years is costly.  Financial
demands are so numerous at times it's the basic needs that go unanswered.
At UPEI and in the Chaplaincy Centre we try to respond by providing a safe
place, a quiet space for food, friendship, and faith.  Thanks to many
hands, we are able to respond in a small way to our local needs.  Local
efforts responding to local needs.

Many thanks to all at AVC for your help. May your generous efforts meet
local hunger.

Sister Sue

-30-
--