[Avc2020] Congrats on your acceptance into vet school! Please join us for an exciting research opportunity!

Lisa Heron lheron at upei.ca
Fri Oct 28 09:54:24 ADT 2016

Dear Student Veterinarian,

Congratulations on officially becoming part of the Class of 2020!

My name is May Kamleh and I am a PhD student from the Department of
Population Medicine at the University of Guelph. I am sending you this
letter as an invitation to consider participating in a study that I am
conducting under the supervision of Dr. Deep Khosa and Dr. Elizabeth Stone.
My research involves your perceptions and opinions on companion-animal
nutrition and care.

It’s simple, if you either have a dog or cat, or both, or have been the
primary care giver of either, you are eligible :). Participation is easy,
simply complete a questionnaire that will take approximately 30 mins. Once
you complete the questionnaire, you will be entered into a draw to *win an
iPad 4 mini or an Apple watch* (your choice!).

As veterinary students, your involvement in this project is very important.
I am not involved in any part of your formal teaching or direct assessment,
so there are no conflicts of interest in your marks.

Your involvement in this research is crucial and much appreciated. All your
associated with completing this questionnaire.

Thank you in advance for your consideration to participate in advancing
this important research. If you wish to participate please access the
questionnaire using the link below:

https://uoguelph.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eaEdzEOPWl2qUIZ

Once you provide consent, you will be able to begin the survey. Your
participation is completely voluntary. You may decline to answer any of the
questions if you so wish. You may decide to stop at any point. However, you
must submit your responses by *November 19th** 2016* in order to be
eligible to enter the draw for an iPad or Apple watch.

If you have any questions, please contact me at mkamleh at uoguelph.ca.
Alternatively, you can also contact my supervisor, Dr. Deep Khosa, at
dkhosa at uoguelph.ca.

This study has been approved by the University of Prince Edward
Island's Research
Ethics Board. You can contact the UPEI Research Ethics Board at (902)
620-5104, or by email at reb at upei.ca if you have any questions or concerns
about the ethical conduct of this study.

Cheers,

May

--
Lisa Heron