[Avc2020] Reminder: SCVMA Application Deadline
meredith.versteeg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:45:01 ADT 2016
Good Morning Class of 2020,
Hope everyone had a great long weekend and got to take in some on the island sights!
Just a reminder to all those interested in applying for the Students of the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (SCVMA) Junior Representative for AVC position, the application deadline will be tomorrow: Wednesday September 7.
I’ve posted my presentation from last Friday on your Facebook group, but here’s an overview of some responsibilities (and some great perks!) of the Junior Rep:
- Help organize one lunch lecture each semester
- Help edit the VetRap student newsletter over the summer
- Help find sponsorship for Symposium 2018 to be hosted here at AVC
- Organize wet labs, lectures and social events for symposium (this will be ongoing for the two years you hold this position - doesn’t all need to be planned this year!)
- Attend the UCVM Symposium for students in Calgary this January (here’s a link with some highlights from last years symposium at OVC http://bulletin.ovc.uoguelph.ca/post/138032644665/scvma-symposium-best-of-social-media <http://bulletin.ovc.uoguelph.ca/post/138032644665/scvma-symposium-best-of-social-media> )
- Meet with reps from the 5 Canadian vet schools
- Attend convention to get the chance to talk with SCVMA reps and CVMA council member
- Participate in the Emerging Leaders Program with Dr. Rick Dubose (for free!) https://www.canadianveterinarians.net/science-knowledge/emerging-leaders-program <https://www.canadianveterinarians.net/science-knowledge/emerging-leaders-program>
Please submit your resume, and a brief cover letter outlining who you are, and why you would be great for the position.
You can email this to meredith.versteeg at gmail.com <mailto:meredith.versteeg at gmail.com> or you can put a copy in my mailbox.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! It may seem overwhelming, but we will work as a team for all the planning. This is a really great opportunity to be part of a fantastic organization and will let you meet some really important people in the field of veterinary medicine!
Atlantic Veterinary College - DVM Candidate 2019
SCVMA Sr. Representative - AVC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Avc2020