[Avc2020] Lecture Theatres - personal belongings and garbage

Leigh Lamont llamont at upei.ca
Fri Sep 9 10:25:37 ADT 2016

Hello Student Veterinarians,

As we approach the end of our second week, I wanted to take this
opportunity to remind everyone of the policies around:

   1. Personal items in lecture theatres
   2. Garbage receptacles

*Personal items in Lecture Theatres*:
As per Section 3.4 of the Use of Teaching Space and Equipment Policy,
*"Vacated lecture theatres should
be left in a state that respects other internal and external users. Class
and personal items should not be stored in lecture theatres, but instead,
should be taken home or stored in lockable spaces provided to classes and
individuals. Improperly stored items will be periodically gathered and
briefly stored, by the Dean’s Office, before being disposed of, if deemed
necessary."*

It is perfectly acceptable to leave your personal items (bags, purses,
coffee mugs, laptops, etc.) in the theatres in between consecutive classes,
but please remove all such items if there is a break in your schedule, over
the lunch hour, and at the end of each day. Other groups on campus and in
the community book these teaching spaces so it is critical that personal
items are not left behind. In addition, Facilities Management staff need to
clean the theatres and their efforts are hampered if personal items are
cluttering the space.

*Garbage Receptacles*:
With the recent lecture theatre renovations, there is no longer adequate
space to have garbage receptacles inside each theatre. Consequently, a new
receptacle has been place directly outside Lecture B and the adjacent door
to Lecture A. In addition, there is a receptacle located immediately around
the corner from other door to Lecture A, and a third receptacle immediately
outside of Lecture C.

We ask that you do not leave your garbage in the lecture theatres as this
is unpleasant for those using the space after you and puts an extra burden
on the Facilities Management staff. Please adopt a "pack it in, pack it
out" approach.

If anyone has questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in
advance for your cooperation in maintaining a professional environment for
all AVC students, faculty and staff.

Regards,
LL

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca