[Avc2020] NOTICE: Accreditation Standards Survey for Students and Faculty

Leigh Lamont llamont at upei.ca
Mon Sep 26 16:19:43 ADT 2016

Hello Student Veterinarians,

As you know, AVC’s DVM program is fully accredited by the AVMA Council on
Education (COE). This status is granted only after a comprehensive
performance review and site visit based on 11 Standards of Accreditation
which occurs on a seven year cycle. In addition, interim reports are
submitted annually in the intervening years. In an effort to continually
improve our program, we would like to offer you, our students, the
opportunity to anonymously offer suggestions, comments and complaints
relating to how AVC is meeting the 11 Standards of Accreditation which can
be found at
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Accreditation/Colleges/Pages/coe-pp-requirements-of-accredited-college.aspx
.

You can provide this feedback in one of two ways:

1.      All students will receive an email assignment notice through
E*Value with a link to the AVMA Accreditation Standards Survey within the
next 48 hours. It will remain open for two weeks. If you do not wish to
comment on any of the standards, you can simply click “Suspend”.

2.      A Comment Box will be placed in the Office of Academic and Student
Affairs where students can provide written comments. Please remember to
note the Standard that the comment relates to on your submission.

If anyone has questions about the survey or about the accreditation process
in general, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
LL

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca