[Avc2020] AVC Open House

Linda Constable Lmconstable at groupwise.upei.ca
Wed Sep 28 09:12:34 ADT 2016

It was a great day at the AVC Open House on Saturday with approximately 2,800 community members taking part, hundreds of stuffed animals given a checkup, and 1,000 balloon animals handed out to excited children.
This is our main community outreach event and I want to extend a big thank you and congratulations to our student organizers and the many volunteers who did a great job of welcoming our friends from the community and making Open House 2016 a wonderful success. I regret that College business took me out of the province this weekend and I was unable to take part this year. I always look forward to the opportunity to showcase the wonderful people and programs we have at AVC.
I echo the sentiments of Ellen Boyd, lead organizer and 3rd year DVM student.

“We were thrilled to see so many people come out and enjoy the Atlantic Veterinary College, We had many families from Prince Edward Island, as well as some from Nova Scotia and New Brunswick take part and have a great time.”

Again thank you to all who took time out of their busy schedules to contribute to the overwhelming success of this event.

Regards,

Greg Keefe
Dean