[Avc2020] Exam Proctors Answering Questions during Examinations

Leigh Lamont llamont at upei.ca
Fri Apr 21 14:14:14 ADT 2017

Hello Student Veterinarians,

I wanted to take a moment to reach out to clarify a policy around exam
proctors answering questions about written exam content during exams.

In many cases, professors proctor their own exams and some professors have
been willing to answer questions and/or provide clarification about exam
content during the exam itself to individual students who ask questions.
Unfortunately, this practice may result in real or perceived inequities and
is not consistent with UPEI exam regulations. Consequently, I have asked
all exam proctors to refrain from answering or attempting to answer
questions about exam content.

The role of the proctor is to administer the exam, ensure academic
integrity, and enforce time limits. If a question is unclear or confusing,
all students must interpret it and answer it to the best of their
abilities. Rest assured that the question will be reviewed when the exam is
graded and the appropriate action (if any) taken at that time.

I have asked all coordinators for the remaining written exams this semester
to observe this policy and I ask you, the students, to please respect this
rule and refrain from asking questions.

Good luck on your remaining exams.

LL

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca