[Avc2020] Class Schedules

AVC Academic and Student Affairs avc-acad-stu at upei.ca
Tue Aug 22 10:31:43 ADT 2017

Hello Student Veterinarians,

With the start of the academic year rapidly approaching, the ASA Office
wanted to reach out regarding the roll out of MyUPEI
<https://fs.upei.ca/adfs/ls?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3aportal.upei.ca%3a443&wctx=https%3a%2f%2fportal.upei.ca%2f_layouts%2f15%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource%3d%252F&wreply=https%3a%2f%2fportal.upei.ca%2f_trust%2fdefault.aspx>
– the university’s new information management system/portal. The new system
will offer a number of enrichments that will significantly improve the
student experience but we need to ask for your patience and understanding
in the short term as we transition from the old system.

*Class Schedules*

One change that you will experience this semester involves how you access
your daily academic schedules. Unfortunately, the application that students
on the rest of campus will use to view their courses schedules will not
support the complexity and variability of the DVM curriculum. Some of you
may have noticed this if you went onto MyUPEI and checked out the List or
Calendar view of your 2017 Fall Semester courses. It’s a little confusing!

The next phase of the roll out will address this issue but, in order to
ensure that you know where you need to be and when at the start of the
semester, the ASA Office has developed another solution for the 2017/2018
academic year.

Please be advised that your class schedules will continue to be revised
right up until the start of the semester and are accessible for viewing on
MyUPEI
<https://fs.upei.ca/adfs/ls?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3aportal.upei.ca%3a443&wctx=https%3a%2f%2fportal.upei.ca%2f_layouts%2f15%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource%3d%252F&wreply=https%3a%2f%2fportal.upei.ca%2f_trust%2fdefault.aspx>
as follows:

   - Under *My Team Sites*, click *DVM Student Information*
   - You will see 4 separate weekly calendars -
      1. Year 1 Fall
      2. Year 2 Fall
      3. Year 3 Fall
      4. Events
   - Use the arrows to scroll through your year’s calendar to view your
   course schedules with associated room bookings.
   - The Events calendar will contain all extracurricular program sessions
   and events relevant to all DVM students.

While we have done our best to ensure that the calendar is accurate, errors
are a real possibility in light of the many systems changes that have
occurred over a very short period of time. In the case of a discrepancy
between the schedule available on MyUPEI and the course syllabus
distributed by the course coordinator, please consult the course
coordinator for clarification. He or she should contact the ASA Office and
we will revise the MyUPEI calendar as appropriate.

*E*Value*

While we anticipate that many of the resources that the ASA Office has
posted for you to access on E*Value will ultimately be migrated over to
MyUPEI, this process will take some time. For the immediate future, we will
keep all other resources, including handbooks and forms, on E*Value for you
to access. We will keep you posted if things change over the course of the
academic year.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement
these technology upgrades.

--
Academic and Student Affairs
Charlottetown, P.E.I.  C1A 4P3