[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin July 14, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Jul 14 15:16:42 ADT 2017

   - AVC All-Year's Alumni Reunion tonight
   - Looking for a dog sitter at home

*AVC All-Year's Alumni Reunion tonight:*

Dean Keefe welcomes you to attend the All-Year's Alumni Reunion tonight at 7:00
pm, in The McCain Foundation Learning Commons. Two classes are celebrating
milestones—the Class of 1992 its 25th anniversary at the All-Years’
Reunion, and, on Monday, July 17, the Class of 2007 its ten-year anniversary
 in the Commons at 5 p.m.

During the All-Year's Reunion tonight, the inaugural AVC Alumni Challenge
Cup will be awarded to the class with the greatest proportion of grads who
donate $25 or more to the College. Dr. Alice Crook will be presented with
the 2016 Atlantic Award of Excellence in Veterinary Medicine and Animal
Care.  Music will be provided by well-known Island musicians, Roy Johnstone
and Rob Drew.

A bus service will be available for those attending the CVMA Convention,
leaving the Queen Street entrance to the Delta Hotel at 6:45 pm and
returning at approximately 9:30 pm.

This is a wonderful opportunity to meet our alumni and find out what
they've been up to!  We are looking forward to seeing you at these great
events!

*Looking for a dog sitter at home:*

We are looking for a mature, responsible, and experienced dog sitter for
our two miniature wire-hair dachshunds in Charlottetown. You need to be, at
a minimum, a second-year vet student at UPEI or better, responsible, and
mature of character. Duties include feeding, walking, and playing with the
dogs and living in our home while we are away. Pay is at the level of a
professional kennel for this service. Reference from a veterinarian/teacher
at AVC is required. If interested, please call 902-626-3383
<(902)%20626-3383>.

--
Lisa Heron
Academic & Student Affairs