[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin July 28, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Jul 28 15:43:03 ADT 2017

*Accreditation Update:*

I hope that everyone is able to enjoy some of the great weather we are
having here in PEI this summer.  A great deal has been happening over the
last number of months with respect to accreditation preparedness and I
wanted to bring you a very brief update.

Our mock site visit held in mid-June was very worthwhile. All members of
the AVC community have a role to play in preparation for accreditation and
I am really pleased at the involvement that we had in the mock visit and
self-study review. I want to thank all those who participated, particularly
students, staff and faculty, who gave constructive criticism to the
self-study and participated in the face-to-face meetings with Drs. Cribb
and Lofstedt.  The feedback of internal reviewers and the site team members
has contributed to strengthening the self-study document, which is now in
final editing and printing.

With the self-study complete, we need to turn our attention in these last
few weeks before the September 18-21 site visit to making sure we show AVC
at its best. As you are aware, we have managed to initiate a number of
renovation and rejuvenation projects outside and inside the College. Many
of these projects are ongoing throughout the summer. I appreciate your
patience as we get all these activities complete. Please show your pride in
AVC by making certain that your corner of our College reflects the
professional image of our program. Managers will be delegating final
preparation tasks in the coming days and weeks and your cooperation is
appreciated.

The mock site visitors noted a positive energy and optimistic outlook in
their meetings with the various members of the AVC community. This is a
testament to the wonderful leadership we currently have in our departments
and units, and to the support that each of us gives our colleagues in
contributing to our teaching, service and research mandates.

Thank you for all that you do for our students, the animals in our care and
our scholarly pursuits.

Regards

Greg

Greg Keefe, DVM MSc MBA
Dean
Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave
Charlottetown PE CANADA

--
Lisa Heron