[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin June 2, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Jun 2 15:36:06 ADT 2017

   - Feline Behaviour @ AVC Sept 22-23
   - Onyx is still up for adoption
   - AVC News Brief

*Feline Behaviour @ AVC Sept 22-23:*

*Sept.22-23, 2017  Save the Date!*
Join us for the 13th annual *Animal Welfare in Practice* conference. This
year's conference will focus on *Feline Behaviour*, with keynote speaker
Lynne Seibert, (DVM, MSc, PhD, Diplomate American College of Veterinary
Behaviorists).

The Friday evening talk, "Preventing Behaviour Problems in Cats," is open
to all. Registration is required for Saturday sessions (no charge for
students). Detailed information is at  awc.upei.ca/2017/05/25/sept-2
2-23-2017-animal-welfare-in-practice-feline-behaviour/

The conference is co-sponsored by the SJDAWC and AVC Animal Welfare and
Feline Clubs, with support from the Animal Welfare Foundation of Canada

*Onyx is still up for adoption:*

Hi everyone,
We're still looking for a forever home for Onyx. He's the last one left
from the beagles that were to be adopted this year. He is a really sweet
dog and has never shown any aggression towards the other beagles. However,
when one of our staff members brought her dog in to meet Onyx, Onyx did
lunge and try to attack her family dog. She felt he could be worked with
but also has small children at home and didn't want to put them at risk.
For this reason, he would preferably go to a home with no pets. He will
require some training to safely be around other dogs and may eventually be
fine. The beagles come with an adjustment period to get used to their new
environment but we have very few complaints after they've been re-homed. I
really believe he would make an excellent pet for the right person. Onyx is
4.5 yrs old and has been examined, neutered, and fully vaccinated. If you
or someone you know might be interested, please contact Melissa Hamel at
(902)566-0938 <(902)%20566-0938> or mhamel at upei.ca. Thank you!!

*AVC News Brief:*

Hi everyone,

At the link below, you will find AVC's June NewsBrief (it's actually the
May newsletter, but a glitch in the MailChimp system delayed its
publication until June 1).

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dd3fb90dfb6b5ac5f64839e65&id=e1ef09e4ac

We would love to include interesting stories and photos about our students,
so let me know what you are up over the summer!

Regards,
Anna
--

Lisa Heron