[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin May 26, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri May 26 15:16:35 ADT 2017

   - Next Steps in Accreditation Preparations

*Next Steps in Accreditation Preparations:*

AVC Faculty, Staff and Students:

Preparations for our AVMA/CVMA Council on Education (COE) accreditation
site visit from September 17–21, 2017, are well underway. The first draft
of our self-study has been completed and reviewed by Dean’s Council. As
part of our preparations, we have arranged for a mock site visit on June 21
and 22 by Dr. Alastair Cribb, former AVC faculty member and most recently
immediate past-Dean at the University of Calgary’s College of Veterinary
Medicine, and Dr. Jeanne Lofstedt, long-time COE site visit team member
from our Department of Health Management.

Meetings with various College stakeholders will be part of both the mock
and actual site visits. Individuals participating in these meetings are
expected to be knowledgeable about the self-study document, and to ensure
this, we would invite them to participate in its development.

We are looking for volunteers from the AVC community (students, staff, and
faculty) to review and critique the self-study and subsequently engage with
the mock and official site visitors. Your input is important. Please
consider serving the College in this way. Constructive feedback will help
secure a successful accreditation review for AVC. Participation is also a
wonderful way to learn more about the College, our programs, and the
standards that we are expected to maintain as an accredited institution.
Please contact Melita MacDougall (mmacdougall at upei.ca) by Wednesday, May
31, if you are interested in this opportunity.

Greg Keefe, DVM MSc MBA
Dean
Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave
Charlottetown PE CANADA

--
Lisa Heron