[Avc2020] AVC Student Bulletin November 17, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Nov 17 15:43:27 AST 2017

   - BURWASH EQUINE SERVICES Summer Job Ad
   - VetStrategy Student Meet & Treat
   - Relay for Life
   - Clinical Conference Presenters - November 22nd
   - Reminder - Register for November 21st BioNetworking Session

*BURWASH EQUINE SERVICES Summer Job Ad:*

We are looking to hire three students (primarily first and second year
veterinary students) to work next summer  (Ad is attached).

*VetStrategy Student Meet & Treat:*

*Come by to visit our clinic, meet our veterinarians and our staff, check
the latest practices in veterinary medicine, and grab a bite with the team.
You might even witness a live undergoing surgery! *
------------------------------
Different clinics in different provinces are opening their doors for you! RSVP
Now
<https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_0> *to
reserve your spot at your clinic of choice **and don't hesitate to bring a
friend! *

*December 19, 2017*

   - *Alberta*, Airdrie - Airdrie Animal Health Center
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_f>
    - 12:00 - 2:100 pm MST
   - *British Columbia*, Courtenay - Van Isle Veterinary Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_r>
    - 10:00 - 1:00 pm PST
   - *Ontario*, London - Fairmont Animal Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_l>
    - 10:00 - 1:00 pm EST

*December 20, 2017*

   - *Alberta*, St. Albert - Mission Ridge Animal Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_o>
    - 10:00 - 1:00 pm MST
   - *New Brunswick,* Riverview - Riverview Animal Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_x>
-11:00
   - 2:00 pm ADT
   - *Ontario,* Brampton - North Town Veterinary Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_u>
    - 10:00 - 1:00 pm EST
   - *Ontario*, Bolton - North Hill Animal Hospital
   <https://app.jobvite.com/TalentNetwork/action/campaign/e/WgsWUeSwWFXlxQ_i>
    - 12:00 - 3:00 pm EST

*We look forward to seeing you there! **Meet our veterinarians & support
staff | Snacks & beverages | Giveaways  *
You can reply by clicking on the following link:
https://app.jobvite.com/u?077e5e8a980a7e4c6d832767b0fe9f1f7e
9a7e2aefce1d0e64179cb59b1c360a

*Relay for Life:*

Hello,
I was contacted by the organizers of UPEI’s Relay for Life event to spread
the word to AVC. Every year UPEI hosts Relay For Life, a fundraiser and
awareness raiser for the Canadian Cancer Society. This year's event will be
on January 19th at the UPEI sports center from 6pm to 12am. I have started
an AVC team so if anyone is interested in participating follow the link to
register. If there is more interest feel free to make your own team and
start a competition to see how much you can fundraise! If you have any
questions don’t hesitate to email me at sbegin at upei.ca.

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFL_PE_even_?te
am_id=367537&pg=team&fr_id=23479
Thank you,
Samantha Begin

*Clinical Conference Presenters - November 22nd:*

These will be the final presentations until January, 2018.