[Avc2020] Zuku Effective Study Strategies Session

Jolene Vermeulen jvermeulen at upei.ca
Tue Sep 26 21:55:33 ADT 2017

First and Second Year Veterinary Students,

With classes in full swing, now is a good time to get oriented to effective study strategies for time-stressed people.

I am organizing a seminar, Effective Study Strategies for Time-Stressed People taught by Steven McLaughlin, DVM, MPH, DACVPM (aka: "Dr. Zuku" himself!).

A session would be organized on the evening of October 2nd, Room TBA. Dinner will be provided.

Right now, I need an RSVP if you intend to come so we can organize dinner.

Dr. Mclaughlin is a popular speaker at vet schools throughout North America, co-creator of the VIN NAVLE Prep course and founder of the Zuku Review.

He will cover effective study strategies for time-stressed people and how new research on adult learning can help you cope better in vet school (hint: its not cramming...).

We'll also cover test-taking routines that build confidence and show you how to choose effectively even when you don't know the answer. We will practice with real Boards-format questions. (Chickens anyone?)

In an ocean of information, this is your life jacket.

Thanks,

Jolene Vermeulen

Zuku Review Student Representative, Class of 2019

Sent from my iPad