[Avc2020] AVC's 30th Annual Open House a resounding success

Melita MacDougall mmacdougall at upei.ca
Tue Oct 2 14:00:22 ADT 2018

AVC Students, Faculty, and Staff:

The AVC's 30th Annual Open House held on Saturday, September 29th, 2018 was
a resounding success with approximately 2,500 visitors, hundreds of balloon
animals handed out, and lots of colourful paintings on the faces of excited
children. The bright green “We’re animal lovers” frisbees, given out to
families, were a hit!

AVC’s annual Open House is our biggest community outreach event. I want to
extend a big thank you and congratulations to our student organizers and
the many volunteers who did a great job of welcoming our friends from the
community and making Open House 2018 a wonderful success.

I echo the sentiments of Marco Duguay, student organizer and a member of
the AVC Class of 2021:

“I was glad to be a part of this great event and welcomed the opportunity
to showcase our school and our students to the public. Many, many thanks to
my fellow students, AVC faculty and staff, for their hard work making this
year’s event such a success.”

Again, thank you to all who took time out of their busy schedules to
contribute to the overwhelming success of this event. I particularly want
to acknowledge the hard work of Janice MacWilliam and Anna MacDonald.
Thanks also to UPEI Alumni Engagement for the pizza lunch for our many
volunteers!

Regards,

Greg Keefe

Dean

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world*