[Avc2020] Opportunity to Provide Feedback on Accreditation Standards

AVC Academic and Student Affairs avc-acad-stu at upei.ca
Wed Oct 3 11:35:18 ADT 2018

Hello Student Veterinarians,

As you know, AVC underwent our accreditation site visit by the AVMA Council
on Education (COE) in September, 2017 and we received full accreditation
status for the maximum period of seven years. Each year at this time, we
offer all DVM students the opportunity to anonymously offer suggestions,
comments and complaints relating to how our college is meeting the 11
Standards of Accreditation. The standards can be found at

https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Accreditation/Colleges/Pages/coe-pp-requirements-of-accredited-college.aspx

You can provide this feedback in one of two ways:

1.  All students will receive an email assignment notice through E*Value
with a link to the

AVMA Accreditation Standards Survey within the next 24 hours. It will
remain open for two weeks. If you do not wish to comment on any of the
standards, you can simply click “Suspend”.

2.  A Comment Box will be placed in the Office of Academic and Student
Affairs where students

can provide written comments. Please remember to note the Standard that the
comment relates to on your submission.

If anyone has questions about the survey or about the accreditation process
in general, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
LL

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca