[Avc2020] Ambassadors for International Interview Day

Janice Macwilliam jmacwilliam at upei.ca
Wed Oct 10 09:11:46 ADT 2018

Hello Student Veterinarians,

On Saturday, November 17, 2018, AVC will be conducting interviews with
international applicants for the AVC class of 2023.

For many, this will be their first visit to AVC and we want them to see
firsthand what AVC has to offer.  In keeping with our "large family"
feeling at the College, we are recruiting student ambassadors – especially
international students - to be matched up with the applicants for the day.
Ambassadors will escort them to the various admissions activities, give
them and their guests a tour of our school, and answer questions they might
have about the student experience here.

Here is a brief overview of what kind of time commitment this will involve
for our ambassadors:

*Friday November 9 at 12:30 pm *

·         Join Dr. Lamont and Janice for a pizza lunch to familiarize
yourself with the admissions process and receive instructions for
Admissions Day

·         Note that this session is optional (especially if you have
participated as an ambassador in the past)

*Saturday November 17*

·         8:30 am - ambassadors arrive in Learning Commons

·         9:00 am – Dean’s welcome and introductions

·         9:30 am - ambassadors escort assigned applicants to the various
scheduled activities (i.e. interviews, W-SAB test, tours)

·         11:00 am to 12:30 pm *(variable)* - ambassadors join their
applicants and families for lunch in the Wanda Wyatt Dining Hall

·         12:00 to 12:30 pm *(variable)* - ambassadors escort assigned
applicants to the various scheduled activities (i.e. interviews, W-SAB
test, tours)

·         4:00 to 4:30 pm *(variable)* – Admissions Day concludes

Please review the above timeline and if you are available, please fill in
the form here <https://goo.gl/forms/8oTc59Wvej1wLrpU2>. If you can't make
the lunch but can come on Saturday November 17, we would welcome you to
participate. If you have not given tours of the College or need a
refresher, Janice MacWilliam will offer training the week prior to
Interview Day for anyone wanting it.

We greatly appreciate your willingness to help out with this important
event!

Many thanks,

Dr. Leigh Lamont

Associate Dean, Academic and Student Affairs

--
Janice MacWilliam
Event Coordinator, AVC Dean's Office
(902) 566-0589  jmacwilliam at upei.ca

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world*