[Avc2020] AVC Open House coming sooon

Janice Macwilliam jmacwilliam at upei.ca
Fri Sep 7 12:00:11 ADT 2018

Hi folks!

I hope everyone had a wonderful summer! I know it feels a bit chaotic with
so many things happening in the next few months, but as most of you know
AVC's 30th annual Open House is fast approaching on Saturday, September 29th
 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm! For those of you who have not yet experienced
this event, it is held every year as an opportunity to connect with the
community and offer an inside view of what goes on at a busy veterinary
college. This event is run by students, faculty, and staff, and includes
lots of family-friendly activities, exhibits, live animal demonstrations,
community organizations, and more. It is free to the public and attracts a
large crowd-generally around 3,000 people! It requires some work and
coordination, but it is an extremely gratifying experience and a chance to
show our pride in what we do!

As a reminder, each class is responsible for a few specific
activities-beyond these, you are welcome to add any *approved* activities
or fundraisers that you wish!

*First Years: *Face painting, balloon animals, anatomy lab (Don't panic!
Once your exec is elected I will coordinate with them and give you more
information)

*Second Years: *Dog parade, beagle park, mini zoo

*Third Years: *Teddy bear clinic, gowning and gloving

*Fourth Years: *We would love to have you participate-contact me if you
have ideas!

All AVC clubs are also welcomed to participate! If I haven’t spoken to you
yet and your club is interested, please contact me as soon as possible.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions!

All the best,

*Marco Duguay*

Mduguay5 at upei.ca

DVM Candidate 2021 Atlantic Veterinary College

Society of Atlantic Veterinary Students-Public Relations Representative

--
Janice MacWilliam
Event Coordinator, AVC Dean's Office
(902) 566-0589  jmacwilliam at upei.ca

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world*