[Avc2021] AVC Buddy Mentor Program

Karen Roche kroche at upei.ca
Fri Aug 25 10:51:33 ADT 2017

Hello AVC students:

Please find attached the AVC Buddy Mentor list for 2017-18.

For members of the class of 2021, below is information about the program:

AVC faculty and staff have successfully mentored over 1300 students
throughout the years. Our program offers an opportunity for our faculty and
staff to network with you in a personal, relaxed way, usually outside the
classroom.  Mentors may provide advice and support, facilitating personal
growth of their buddies.

AVC mentors have a buddy from each of the four classes - a great
opportunity to develop new friendships, share skills and knowledge, and
maybe even do some creative problem-solving! .

AVC's Buddy Mentor Program is not a counselling service and mentors are not
expected to resolve highly personal issues.

Your faculty/staff mentor may attend your Blue Coat Ceremony this evening.
If a mentor is not listed, we will continue to recruit as needed.

Regards,

Janice

--
Janice MacWilliam
Event Coordinator, AVC Dean's Office
(902) 566-0589  jmacwilliam at upei.ca

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world*