[Avc2021] Fwd: Farm sitters needed

Heather MacSwain hmacswain at upei.ca
Tue Oct 3 08:31:22 ADT 2017

*Employment Opportunity for 1st Year Students- *
Help! My farm sitter graduated. Great for her, bad for me.

I am looking for someone who could stay at my farm while I travel (usually
3-7 days) and who is dependable and loves animals. I have 4 Norwegian fjord
horses, two Standardbred mares, all of whom live outside year round so
there isn't much stall cleaning, 2 miniature donkeys (noisy but not much
work), and 2 dogs and 3 cats.
The work itself is not much (15-25 min. morning and evening) but I am
obsessive about my animals and want someone who will take good care and
notice if something is wrong etc.
I live in Nine Mile Creek which is about 15-20 minutes from campus. The
property is very peaceful.  Before you decide, why don't you come out, meet
the animals, and see what goes on.  Ideally, I would love to have a couple
of people on a list who would be willing to farm sit. I have a couple of
horse friends who are also looking for reliable people, so it is possible
to make some money (pay-competitive daily rates) and get your animal fix on
a regular basis.
I will be around this fall so you are very welcome to come out and meet
everyone. Email is the best way to reach me (mcniven at upei.ca), as I will be
in and out of the office. Thanks!
Mary

--