[Avc2021] Student Ambassadors for International Interview Day

Janice Macwilliam jmacwilliam at upei.ca
Tue Oct 10 10:55:05 ADT 2017

On Saturday, November 18, 2017, AVC will be conducting interviews with
international applicants for the AVC class of 2022.

For many, this will be their first visit to AVC and we want them to see
firsthand what AVC has to offer.  In keeping with our "large family"
feeling at the College, we are recruiting student ambassadors to be matched
up with the applicants for the day, to escort them to the various
admissions activities, give them and their guests a tour of our school, and
answer questions they might have about the student experience here.

The day will be busy as applicants will be interviewing, touring the
school, and completing the Work and School Approach and Behaviour Test.
Lunch for everyone will be provided at the Wanda Wyatt Dining Hall.
Representatives from the Registrar's Office or the Financial Aid Office
will be available throughout the day.  Dr. Keefe and Dr. Lamont will also
conduct a Q&A session in the morning and afternoon.

This opportunity is open to all AVC students and we are recruiting at least
27 ambassadors. If you are interested in participating, please click here
<https://goo.gl/forms/CIFIBEFnajvvoPYC2> to register. A pizza lunch will
take place on  Friday, November 10 at 12:30 pm in Lecture Theatre A to
provide an overview of the process and answer any questions you have. If
you can't make the lunch but can commit from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm on Saturday,
November 18, we would welcome you to participate.

If you have not given tours of the College or need a refresher, Janice
MacWilliam will offer training the week prior to Interview Day for anyone
wanting it.

 Many thanks,

Dr. Leigh Lamont
Associate Dean, Academic and Student Affairs

--
Janice MacWilliam
Event Coordinator, AVC Dean's Office
(902) 566-0589  jmacwilliam at upei.ca

*The Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
is committed to improving the health and well-being of animals and humans
through excellence in education, discovery, professional practice and
dedicated service to Atlantic Canada, the nation and the world*