[Avc2021] AVC Student Bulletin September 8, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Sep 8 13:33:55 ADT 2017

* - Invitation to Reception with Accreditation Site Visit Team, Sunday,
September 17 - Confidential Meetings with Accreditation Site Visit Team -
Wed, Sept 20 - Clinical Conference - Wed., September 13th- UPEI Student
Union Health Insurance Opt Out Deadline Sept. 29 - Drop off old Security
Cards - Award Killam Properties Inc. Scholarships: AVC or Graduate Studies
- Deadline October 1st - Job Postings: Dairy Farm Worker/Relief Milker *

*Invitation to Reception with Accreditation Site Visit Team, Sunday,
September 17**:*

AVC Faculty, Staff and Students:-

I invite you to a reception we are hosting for the AVMA/CVMA Council on
Education (COE) site visit team (SVT) on *Sunday evening, September 17,
5:30 - 7:00 pm in the McCain Foundation Learning Commons*. It will be an
opportunity for you to meet the members of the accreditation site visit
team who will provide an overview of the accreditation process.

Accreditation is critically important to every veterinary college in North
America and, as you are aware, the AVC is having its regular review
from September
17-21.  During the site visit, there will be an extensive evaluation of the
College's facilities and programs.  Many of you have volunteered and/or
been asked to participate in various aspects of the site visit, and I thank
you for your time, effort and support.

The COE also places a high value on the engagement of DVM students in
research as part of the accreditation standards for veterinary programs. In
case you missed seeing the student posters from the Summer Research
Leadership Program, we will be showcasing them again on Sunday evening.

I hope to see you there!

Greg Keefe, DVM MSc MBA
Dean
Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave
<https://maps.google.com/?q=550+University+AveCharlottetown+PE+CANADA&entry=gmail&source=g>
Charlottetown PE CANADA
<https://maps.google.com/?q=550+University+AveCharlottetown+PE+CANADA&entry=gmail&source=g>

*Confidential Meetings with Accreditation Site Visit Team - Wednesday,
September 20*

DVM Students,

As part of the accreditation site visit, an opportunity is provided for
confidential meetings with individual DVM students as follows.  As per the
Council on Education, the meetings are conducted in 10-minute increments on
a first-come, first-served basis until the time period has elapsed.

*Wednesday, September 20, 2017*
*1:00 - 1:30 pm*
*Room 3304N Annex (GS&R Meeting Room)  *

* - - *

* - - Clinical Conference - September 13th*

*Clinical Conference *