[Avc2021] AVC Student Bulletin September 15, 2017

AVC Student Bulletin avcstudentbulletin at upei.ca
Fri Sep 15 16:39:17 ADT 2017

   - Atlantic Society of Fish & Wildlife Biologists (ASFWB) - Call for
   papers
   - Nominations for the International Canine Health Awards
   - Clinical Conference - September 20th
   - Invitation to the presentation of the Honourable Eugene F. Whelan
   Green Hat Award
   - SJDAWC's 2017 Animal Welfare in Practice Conference September 22-23
   - Volunteer Eco Students Abroad (VESA)

*Atlantic Society of Fish & Wildlife Biologists (ASFWB) - Call for papers:*

My name is Lita O'Halloran and I am the VP student representative with the
Atlantic Society of Fish and Wildlife Biologists (ASFWB) and I have a
great opportunity for you to share with your students.
We have our AGM conference coming up this* October 25-26 in Moncton, NB*.
This is an exciting opportunity for students to learn more about current
research being conducted in the field of wildlife and conservation biology
within the maritimes. Networking is a large aspect of this conference as
well - it is a great place to meet potential collaborators, develop
professional skills, and we welcome lots of student presentations. All
information is contained in the attached poster for abstract submission
which is due *October 11*. It would be really great if you could forward
this document to any Biology or Environmental Science societies or related
groups, as well as the departmental secretary for print. As I mentioned
before, this is a great opportunity for students and we really appreciate
your help to increase our reach so all interested students have a chance to
consider joining us. At this conference there is also *cash awards for the
top three student presentations*
Please feel free to use me as a point of contact if you have any questions
and/or concerns and any abstracts can be sent to our conference
organizer Beth Cameron at beth.cameron at amecfw.com.

N*ominations for the International Canine Health Awards:*

*Having problems viewing this email? *

*View in browser.*​
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936374&subjId=135764>
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936377&subjId=135764>
Entries for the International Canine Health Awards are NOW OPEN!

Does the work and research of your students have a positive impact on the
health and wellbeing of dogs? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please
circulate this email amongst your students, whether you forward it on or
place it on the student Intranet, it is a great way to recognise their hard
work.

Nominations
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936380&subjId=135764>for
the International Canine Health Awards
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936383&subjId=135764>
are
to be submitted by *30th January 2018* to be in with a chance of winning. With
two Student Inspiration Awards, in Undergraduate and Postgraduate
categories, this is a chance to demonstrate your potential to significantly
advance the frontiers of veterinary medicine for the benefit of dogs.

You can also nominate others for the International Prize in Canine Health
and/or the Lifetime Achievement Award.

With four category awards available, and prize money totalling £66,000 to
fund further study and research, it's an opportunity for canine welfare
that cannot be missed!​

*"As someone who has always aspired to work at the forefront of scientific
research, I am deeply honoured to have been chosen for this prestigious
award. I am now able to conduct costly genetic sequencing as part of my
study, which would not have been possible without the generosity of the
Kennel Club Charitable Trust."*

*Harriet Davenport, Undergraduate Student Inspiration Award winner 2017.
Read more about our 2017 winners here
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936386&subjId=135764>.*
We are accepting entries for the following:

*International Prize in Canine Health*

*For outstanding contribution in the field of canine health and welfare*​​

*Lifetime Achievement Award*

*A veterinarian or scientist working in a related discipline who has
dedicated much of their career to advancing the health of dogs​*​

*Student Inspiration Awards*

*Undergraduate and postgraduate awards for students studying in the UK, who
demonstrate the potential to advance the frontiers of veterinary medicine
and research in the field of dogs​​​​​​​​​​*​

*Breed Health Coordinator Award*

*Looking for individuals from Breed Health Coordinators who have
demonstrated a dedication to supporting health and welfare within their
breed over the previous year.*

Want to find out more about last years awards? ​​
Watch our video here
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936389&subjId=135764>

<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936392&subjId=135764>

Click here for more information and to submit applications
<http://updates.thekennelclub.org.uk/_act/link.php?mId=P9280582617810770518427606392915&tId=90936395&subjId=135764>

*Clinical Conference - September 20th:*