[Avc2021] Opportunity to Provide Feedback on Accreditation Standards

Leigh Lamont llamont at upei.ca
Wed Sep 27 14:50:51 ADT 2017

Hello Student Veterinarians,

As you know, AVC recently underwent our accreditation site visit by the
AVMA Council on Education (COE). Each year at this time, we offer all DVM
students the opportunity to anonymously offer suggestions, comments and
complaints relating to how our college is meeting the 11 Standards of
Accreditation. The standards can be found at
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Accreditation/Colleges/Pages/coe-pp-requirements-of-
accredited-college.aspx <Hello Student Veterinarians, As you know, AVC’s
DVM program is fully accredited by the AVMA Council on Education (COE).
This status is granted only after a comprehensive performance review and
site visit based on 11 Standards of Accreditation which occurs on a seven
year cycle. In addition, interim reports are submitted annually in the
intervening years. In an effort to continually improve our program, we
would like to offer you, our students, the opportunity to anonymously offer
suggestions, comments and complaints relating to how AVC is meeting the 11
Standards of Accreditation which can be found at
https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Accreditation/Colleges/Pages/coe-pp-requireme
nts-of- accredited-college.aspx. You can provide this feedback in one of
two ways: 1. All students will receive an email assignment notice through
E*Value with a link to the AVMA Accreditation Standards Survey within the
next 48 hours. It will remain open for two weeks. If you do not wish to
comment on any of the standards, you can simply click “Suspend”. 2. A
Comment Box will be placed in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
where students can provide written comments. Please remember to note the
Standard that the comment relates to on your submission. If anyone has
questions about the survey or about the accreditation process in general,
please do not hesitate to contact me. Re ards, LL>.

You can provide this feedback in one of two ways:

1.  All students will receive an email assignment notice through E*Value
with a link to the
AVMA Accreditation Standards Survey within the next 48 hours. It will
remain open for two weeks. If
you do not wish to comment on any of the standards, you can simply click
“Suspend”.

2.  A Comment Box will be placed in the Office of Academic and Student
Affairs where students
can provide written comments. Please remember to note the Standard that the
comment relates to on your submission.

If anyone has questions about the survey or about the accreditation process
in general, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
LL

*Leigh A. Lamont, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA*
*Associate Dean, Academic & Student Affairs*
Charlottetown, PE   C1A 4P3
Tel:  902-566-0374
Fax: 902-566-0846
E-mail:  llamont at upei.ca