[CVER] Prospective PhD student: interested in Veterinary Epidemiology

cver at lists.upei.ca cver at lists.upei.ca
Sun Oct 23 20:29:55 ADT 2016

I am forwarding the following email to the CVER group.

My name is Kayhan Ilbeigi. I am a veterinarian and I am going to apply to
the PhD program in Veterinary Sciences at the University of Prince Edward
Island for Spring/Fall 2017 semester.

I have worked on the risk factors of FMD through a case-control study in
Iran for my thesis. The abstract has been presented in ISVEE 14. At the
same time, I joined two research projects at the University of Tehran
titled, “Assessing probable spatial and temporal clusters of Salmonella sp.
isolates from commercial layer flocks of Iran” and “Studying the
association between poultry density and salmonella infection in commercial
laying flocks in Iran using a kernel density function". Also, I have
laboratory experiences as I have worked in a Veterinary Diagnostic
Laboratory for six months.

My research interests are Veterinary Epidemiology and Microbiology. I was
wondering if you accept any new graduate student to work under your
supervision in Spring/Fall 2017. Last year, I get admitted to a Master
program at UC Davis but I prefer to continue my graduate studies in Canada
because I want to stay close to my brother.

Furthermore, I have a research proposal about “Detection and Molecular
Characterization of Campylobacter jejuni, C. coli, and C. lari isolated
from symptomatic patients, domestic and pet animals” and I am looking for
an opportunity to work on it. Attached is my CV. I am hopefully looking
forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kayhan Ilbeigi,

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM),