[CVER] Fwd: Seeking epidemiologists for short term roles

cver at lists.upei.ca cver at lists.upei.ca
Wed Dec 20 15:50:23 AST 2017

Hi CVER Colleagues:

I received the following request from Prof Roger Morris in NZ
(roger.morris at morvet.co.nz). If you are interested, please contact him
directly.
(I can assure you that NZ is very nice at this time of year :-) )

Cheers
Ian

/Hi Ian,///

//

//

//

/I have just been chairing a Technical Advisory Group meeting all last
week for the Ministry of Primary Industries (formerly known as MAF)
concerning an incursion of Mycoplasma bovis into NZ, which commenced
last July.  While the outbreak is small in scale (about 12 farms), the
investigation is extensive, to try to determine whether eradication is a
realistic option.///

//

//

//

/MPI epidemiologists and disease investigators are getting worn down by
the workload, and would like to borrow up to 10 appropriate people, a
mix of epidemiologists (to work on interpretation etc.) and disease
investigators, to do on-farm interviews.  People who come would have to
be here for at least 2 months.  Travel costs, accommodation/per diem and
consulting fee will be paid.///

//

//

//

/I have prepared the attached information sheet for Australia and New
Zealand, but I wondered if you knew of potentially suitable people from
Canada or elsewhere.  If you do, could you draw this opportunity to
their attention for me?/

/Professor Roger S Morris CNZM, MVSc, PhD, FRSNZ, FAmerCE, FANZCVSc/

//

/Managing Director, /

//

/EpiSoft International Ltd., Consultancy and software for global disease
control/

//

/MorVet Ltd,  Consultancy services in health risk management and food
safety policy and programs/

//

/1 Homebush Road,Masterton,  5885 /

//

/New Zealand /

//

//

//

/Email: roger.morris at morvet.co.nz/

//

/Phone +64 (0)6 370 8235                 Fax +64 (0)6 370 8238/

//

/Mobile +64 (0)21 638 945/

//

/Skype: roger.morris.nz/